We have a wonderful weekend full of exciting events planned for 2021
Come back on Friday 26th Feb to see details of the floats that are entered into the parade
Saturday 27th February, 2021
The Loxton Mardi Gras committee have been working hard to ensure that the annual Mardi Gras parade goes ahead on Saturday 27th February.
As part of their Covid Management Plan they have decided to move the event away from Loxton’s main street. This year the parade will be run around the Loxton oval #2 (East side of the main football oval).
9.00am - Market & Food Stalls and Children's activities on the oval #2 area
- Mardi Gras Central featuring including 126 years of farming in Loxton and CFS Volunteers Association
display, donations & raffle
10:00am - Riverland Brass Band near the stage area
10:45 am - Parade Opening:
- Civic Address: Mayor Leon Stasinowsky
- Loxton's 2021 Citizen of the year David Kimber
- Flag Bearers Denis and Mary Hann
10:55 am - Parade commences, featuring a variety of interesting and fun floats
12noon - Nippy's Loxton Mardi Gras Great Underarm Orange Bowling Event!
- Musical Entertainment:
Food, market stalls and entertainment
1.00 pm (approx.) (Main Stage area)
- Announcement of The Loxton News Mardi Gras Shop Window Display Competition
- Announcement of the float prize winners
- Crowning of the 2021 Mardi Gras Ambassadors
Come, explore and enjoy the Pioneer Playground, Tobruk Terrace and the Historical Village.
Sunday 28th February, 2021
8:30 am Mardi Gras Appreciation Service at the Rotunda - ALL WELCOME
WW II Military Nurse Sister Patricia Cashmore will be honoured
Presentation to 2021 Flag Bearers Denis and Mary Hann